Monday, August 1, 2011

So Ready!!!

I wish I had just kept down this path to start with, but I think I needed the couple of months on WW to realize this surgery is what I need to get healthy. 

I cannot wait for my dietitian appointment on Wednesday morning.  It's the first step to a better me!  I have so many questions for her:

1.  What if I loose too much weight in the 6 month program?
2.  What is the insurance company looking for out of this 6 month program?
3.  How do I prepare for surgery?
4.  What can I eat after surgery?
5.  Can I drink coffee (with splenda?)
6.   How does what I eat differ from gastric sleeve to the gastric bypass?

That is just some of the ones I can think of so far.  I really need to get a list together to bring! 

I've already submitted my letter of medical necessity to the insurance coordinator at the doctor's office.  All that's left is 6 month diet, and psych evaluation.  I have to admit...I am nervous that I will go through all of this and then the insurance company is going to deny me.  Completely unfounded, but it's an honest fear.

I'll update more after Wednesday morning's dietitian visit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment