Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Shrinkage Has Begun

Well I made it through week 1 rather successfully if I do say so myself.  Week 1 was a "Shrinking Week"!  Today I am down 3.6 pounds!!  Good bye forever, 300s!  I will never ever ever see a 3 on the scale in the first position again!  Go me..go me..go me!

I did find the week a bit challenging...especially when it came to crackers and dip (my biggest weakness I think).  But even with enjoying that in moderation, the weight has started to slough off of me.  I think I have tracking my intake, and starting to move more to thank for that. 

I have taken up evening strolls.  Nothing too strenuous.  Just a gentle stroll through the neighborhood with my family.  I found that I need to realize I am not 130 pounds.  I can't go for a jog.  I can't speed walk around the town.  But I will get there, and for now I will stroll - because at least I am moving.

This time is different.  I know it is.  Normally, after the first week things start to go downhill.  I nibble here, nibble there, don't track food...and before you know it, i'm 20 pounds heavier than when I started.  Well today somebody brought cookies into work.  I did have 2.  And that is fine.  It is fine because I wanted two more...but those two more are still sitting in the break room...instead of in my stomach!  I tracked the two cookies, and have moved on.  I am very pleased with myself for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment